Students May Enter Their Lockers:
****Senior Privilege Only****
Due to late lunch period, seniors will be allowed to enter their Lockers at the end of block 2 if necessary.
9th, 10th, and 11th graders will earn this privilege by becoming seniors.
No passes to lockers.
Warning: students found at lockers at any time other than those stipulated above will be assigned detention.
The following policy must be adhered to regarding student lockers:
1. All students will receive a locker for their individual use; each locker has a dial lock that you will receive the combination for;
2. Students may not share their lockers with any other students as the school is not responsible for lost items;
3. Make sure the locker door closes completely and spin the dial on the lock;
4. Students may obtain an additional lock for their locker. This lock can also be used as a lock for PE class (Reminder: Do not leave the lock in the locker room);
5. Report all locker problems immediately to the Main Office.
Strict adherence to this policy will be enforced throughout the school year. Violations of this policy can result in loss of locker privileges and additional consequences for repeat violations.
The following policy must be adhered to regarding cell telephones:
1. All cellular phones must be turned off before entering the school building;
2. Cellular phones must be placed on the top shelf of your locker and remain off during the school day;
3. Cell phones must be surrendered upon request to any staff member;
4. All phones may be turned on after you exit the school building;
5. If there is a situation where you need to contact your parent/guardian report to the Main Office or Guidance Dept.
Strict adherence to this policy will be enforced throughout the school year. Violations of this policy will result in a suspension, parental conference, and additional consequences for repeat violations.
The following policy must be adhered to regarding Student ID cards:
1. All students receive an ID card and lanyard each school year. ID cards must be around your neck and visible at all times (exception: physical education class);
2. ID cards must be presented at the request of any staff member;
3. Students without ID cards may not be admitted to the building (Do not leave your ID in your locker);
4. Students may not deface or modify the ID card for any purpose;
5. Students may not give their ID card to another student for any purpose; and
6. Lost ID cards must be replaced within 1 week (Cost= $3).
Strict adherence to this policy will be enforced throughout the school year. Violations of this policy can result in a detention and/or additional consequences for repeat violations.
The North 13th Street Tech Uniform/Student Dress Code Policy was implemented to maintain a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment and to model good citizenship. All clothing should be appropriate to a school setting and weather conditions. Students are required to use good judgment, to respect themselves and others, and to demonstrate modesty in selecting attire. Both students and parents share the responsibility for the student’s attire because clothing often sets the tone for academics and behavior.
Physical Education (PE) students are required to wear the uniform purchased during Freshman/New Student Orientation. Replacement uniforms are available for purchase for all grade levels in the main office.
NOTE: ATHLETIC SHORTS MAY NOT BE WORN IN SCHOOL OUTSIDE OF THE GYM.
STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIS POLICY IS INCLUSIVE OF CTE (SHOP) REQUIREMENTS, FIELD TRIPS, AND ANY SCHOOL SPONSORED EVENTS. THE POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR. VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY WILL RESULT IN A ONE DAY SUSPENSION.
Homework is assigned to ensure that your child learns. It helps students review concepts introduced during the school day; prepare to share and present prior knowledge; reflect on information learned; and demonstrate understanding using a variety of methods. Homework also provides an opportunity for students to identify material that they do not understand.
Completing homework assignments is mandatory for your child’s success at North 13th Street Tech. Homework can take many forms including written assignments; studying; watching the news, a documentary, or various television programs; portfolios; projects; online research; compiling articles; etc.
To ensure your child’s learning and prevent him/her from receiving discipline infractions, please make certain he/she completes their homework assignments daily. If your child says that he/she does not have homework, please contact his/her teacher, guidance counselor, and/or a school administrator immediately, as a lack of homework on any day except possibly Friday is unacceptable.
1. Any student who misses a homework assignment during any given day of the week must serve a 1 hour afterschool detention on the day the homework is missed. If homework is missed in a given class, teachers will e-mail that child’s name to other staff. If homework is found to be missed in more than one class, the student must serve the afterschool detention and a Saturday detention. The school will not call parents for afterschool detentions; however, students will have access to a phone to inform their parents/guardians.
2. Any student who misses 2 or more homework assignments in any given class within the week must serve Saturday Detention from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. at the Newark Tech Campus.
3. After a 5th missed homework assignment, a parent conference will be required.