Supervisor: Chetram Singh
The physical education program is designed for students to develop the skills and attitudes necessary to achieve and maintain lifelong health and fitness. Students will be encouraged to gain an active appreciation of the positive role of physical fitness in overall health and well-being, as well as developing socially useful participation skills. The program seeks to provide for the equal participation of all students through a variety of experiences leading to the development of positive self-concept, creativity and enthusiasm for participation. The physical education program is divided into five main activities: Foundations of Wellness, Health Related Fitness, Individual Physical Activities, Movement Skills Performance, and Team Physical Activities.
- NJ State Department of Education, PE/Health
- PE Central: The Premier Website for Health and Physical Education
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This site offers a broad range of current information on health and wellness and is an excellent source of quality information for students and teachers.
- Go Ask Alice
Students or teachers ask questions about health and wellness issues. Visitors simply send in their questions; they are answered by a team of experts from the Columbia University Health Question & Answer Service.
- Kids Health
Parents, children, teens, and professionals find answers to commonly asked health questions. Topics include the benefits of different types of vitamins, the food pyramid, healthy children’s recipes, how to read food labels, and keeping fit.
- New Jersey Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- State of New Jersey Department of Education, PE/Health
- NJEA, Health and Physical Education Resources
- EIRC ( Educational Information and Resource Center )